SITRANS LUT400 Ultrasonic Controller
The Siemens SITRANS LUT400 series controllers are compact, single point, long-range ultrasonic controllers for continuous level, or volume measurement of liquids, slurries, and solids, and high accuracy monitoring of open channel flow.
- The SITRANS LUT400 comes in three different models, depending on the application, level of performance and functionality required:
- SITRANS LUT420 Level Controller: Level or volume measurement of liquids, slurries, and solids, as well as basic pump control functions, and basic data logging capability
- SITRANS LUT430 Level, volume, Pump and Flow Controller: Includes all features of the LUT420 plus a full suite of advanced pump control and alarm functionality, open channel flow monitoring, and basic flow data logging capability
- SITRANS LUT440 High Accuracy OCM: Our most featured, highest accuracy model. Includes all features of the LUT430, plus the industry’s best accuracy (± 1 mm within 3 m), full suite of advanced control functionality, and enhanced flow logging capability
Key applications: wet wells, reservoirs, flumes/weirs, chemical storage, liquid storage, hoppers, crusher bins, dry solids storage
- Range: 0.3 … 60 m (1 … 196 ft), transducer dependent
- Compatible transducers: All EchoMax and ST-H series transducers
- Accuracy: Standard operation: ± 1 mm (0.04 inch) plus 0.17 % of measured distance
- High accuracy OCM: ± 1 mm (0.04 inch), within 3 m (9.84 ft) range
- Small 1/2 DIN enclosure [144 h x 144 d x 146 w mm (5.7 x 5.7 x 5.75 inch)] with standard universal mounting bracket for wall, pipe, and DIN rail, plus an optional panel mount.
- Easy to use LUI display with local four-button programming, menu-driven parameters, and Wizard support for key applications.
- Level, Volume, OCM Flow monitoring.
- Three relays combined with a suite of pump, alarm, and relay control features.
- HART Communications.
- EDDs for SIMATIC PDM, AMS Device Manager, and Field Communicator 375/475, plus DTMs for FDTs (Field Device Tools.)
- Web browser for local programming from an intuitive web-based interface.
- Two discrete inputs for backup level override and pump interlock functions.
- Echo profile and trend views from the local display.
- Patented digital receiver for improved performance in electrically noisy applications (close proximity to VSDs.)
- Real time clock with daylight savings time, supporting an integrated datalogger and energy saving algorithms for minimizing pump operation during high cost energy periods.
- Removable terminal blocks for ease of wiring.